Monday, February 20, 2012

can we talk?

It's time to get serious, friends. I need to talk about something- an object that claims a large majority of my love; save for friends, family, and Dougie Fresh.

photo credit: Kelly
Look at that beauty. Just LOOK. You may find it weird that I'm obsessed with a couch, but we're not here to discuss the oddities in each of our lives, right?

I found this pretty thing at Warehouse Antiques in Nebraska City. I ventured there one day with my mom. She was picking up some new Harley Davidson riding boots and I tagged along for the antique stores in that small town. It was love at first sight. Its only flaw includes a cigarette burn. How could I pass it up? Oh yes, the cushions have vinyl on one side, fabric on the other. How functional! Do you know how many people have probably puked on this thing? <3 <3 I purchased it for $60 and I plan on keeping it forever... or until it falls apart.

As you may have gathered, I have a love that runs deeper than the Missouri River for mid-century modern furniture. I want to fill my house with couches and chairs and tables and light fixtures.

A great place to find incredible, and sometimes odd, furniture in Omaha is Back in the Day. One section of the basement is full of retro couches, lights, dining tables, and chairs like I have never seen before. Go there!

One place that I've been yearning to go is Mod Mood in a suburb of Denver. They have furniture I can only dream of owning one day. Look at these beauties:





I also stumbled across these gorgeous pieces today. SOMEONE BUY ALL THE THINGS FOR ME. Okay. Thank you.





Well, my narcolepsy is kicking in so it's time for a nap. I'll be dreaming about floral couches, teak wood hutches, and dinner.


No comments:

Post a Comment