Friday, June 22, 2012

junkstock.

 Some people call it "junking," I call it, well, not that. If you are a fan of thrifting, refurbished furniture, and vintage goodies, you should be going to Junkstock this weekend. Located in Omaha on a farm just off 192nd and Dodge, Junkstock is an outdoor festival of sorts - filled with vintage finds, good music, and food trucks! 


Maddie and I went this morning around 10:30 and were dying over some of the unique items we saw. Quite a few things had been picked over and many of the pieces we fell in love with had the dreaded "SOLD" sign on them, but the selection was pretty impressive, nonetheless. The early bird gets the worm, I suppose.

Aside from Junque Factory and ScoutCeladon Goods was the vendor that caught my eye. Beautifully refinished furniture that was right up my alley. Modern colors with a vintage flair. Maddie and I chatted with owner, Kimberly Wolfe, who mentioned that although she doesn't currently have a retail space, she frequently posts her new pieces to her Facebook page. Definitely check it out. I will undoubtedly be keeping my eye on Celadon Goods. Naturally, my dream dresser has already sold. Look at this beauty... Sigh.


There were between twenty or thirty vendors at Junkstock, all of which had something different to offer. Wanting to take photos of our adventure, I had my Holga camera in tow and took an entire roll of film, only to find that my camera is apparently broken and the roll had no exposures on it. Sad end to the day and unfortunately, only a couple of shoddy iPhone photos to share. 

Maddie and I in front of the tire barn.
Brad Hoshaw was our musical entertainment for the morning. Also - look at that orange couch. I think we need another to match our current one.
Everything was adorably decorated and easy to navigate. I hope that this becomes an annual tradition in Omaha! 

Peace, Music, and Junk, folks.




No comments:

Post a Comment