Tuesday, May 15, 2012

dry spell.

Well, friends... it's been a while, huh?  I/We clearly have been slacking on this whole blogging thing lately.  I wish I could say it's because I won the lottery or some dreamboat of a wealthy man whisked me away on a trip around the world.  (I would totally go, if you know anyone...) 

I recently battled mono and kicked its ass, after it kicked mine for a couple of weeks.  I couldn't move/eat/sleep/brush my teeth/shower for days.  I was gross... So gross.  I don't know how I contracted that stupid illness.  I haven't known anyone with mono since I was in college.  I thought I had mono for six years, until I was finally diagnosed with narcolepsy instead.  It's not fun but at least I now have an excuse to get out of that Warrior Dash I signed up for months ago.  My spleen is definitely fine by now, but why wouldn't I utilize that excuse for as long as possible?  (Speaking of- Does anyone want to buy my Dash spot?  I can't climb walls and I will gag if I crawl through mud & it accidentally gets in my mouth.) 

As all of our loyal followers may have noticed, it's been over a month since I've blogged.  Surprisingly enough, I HAVE actually done some fun/neat things during that time.  I'll split the excitement into several posts but here are some updates for you stalkers. 

I wore this outfit two days in a row because I liked it so much.  I'm clean.
Maddie is a hair goddess.  I also rocked this hairstyle for two days- I purposely avoided sleep so I wouldn't mess it up.  Worth it. 
I mean, who doesn't take outfit pictures in the bar bathroom?  (favorite.dress.ever.)
My oldest & greatest friend, Shauna, recently graduated with a degree in Education.  I admire those who teach & I truly don't know if I'd have the patience to do so.  I'm so proud of and happy for Shauna.  She had a little graduation party last weekend.  It was so great to celebrate & catch up + see other old friends. 

Let's not talk about that part in my bangs. 
I am not good with hot-glue.  
Thoreau.
I cleaned this baby and added a basket & bell.  What a beaut!  Now, if I could only learn to fix it correctly.  The brakes could use some love from a professional. 

Kelly is really into rollerblading for some reason, like it's 1997 or something.  My ankles refuse to work with rollerblades, so falling is inevitable & I look like an absolute d-bag.  Now that my bike is fixed, we can blade/bike together without risking a painful fall on my ass! (Unless I wreck my bike... Maybe I should stick to walking...)


They are spicing these up along the interstate by adding some more beautiful banners- designed by local artists.  I love.

 I have to be up in (less than) five hours, yet I'm wide awake.  I guess that's what I get for succumbing to my narcolepsy and allowing a one-hour turned four-hour afternoon nap.  Oops?

1 comment:

  1. You're very pretty and awfully crafty, but your blog would benefit from more continuity. Short segways for some of the readers that don't know you or the people you're talking about will help keep them interested as you move from one topic to another.

    Keep at it. :]
    -Stalkers

    ReplyDelete