Wednesday, May 16, 2012

maybe it was Memphis.

A friend of mine recently sent a few songs that sparked memories from my childhood.  (I was surprised to find recollection of anything other than Barbies, Mall Madness, and that mud pie topped with Oreos that I once convinced my sister to eat.)  I've been listening to the best of 80's/90's country for three days now.  You should do the same. 

I've had a shocking amount of YouTube plays on this hit- "Maybe It Was Memphis" by Pam Tillis.  SO good, guys.

I received a shipment of jewelry makin' accessories from China last week.  Their shipping costs are SO cheap, but it's a workout to even open the damn package. 

all of THAT fit into THIS!  (that's what she sa..........nevermind.......)

With some charms from China and plumbing parts from Lowe's, I made a couple of super simple necklaces.  I've been wearing the feather non-stop. 

Feel free to contact me if interested in either design! (or any of my other creations I've posted on the blog.)

I attempted to make this bracelet that has been flooding my Pinterest feed.  I've purchased the wrong string THREE times now.  This will require more practice and patience. 



I'm a truly awful gift-giver, but I wanted to craft something special for my mom's birthday & Mother's Day.  You might find the description a bit corny and you might not believe my forever-sunny disposition was able to design something so sentimental... but I DID. 

The birds perched above the cage represent my parents.  The three colored beads (separated by turquoise) are the birthstones of my brother, myself, and my sister.  They symbolize us "leaving the nest" (or cage, in this case.)  I purposely put them to be worn on her left, over the heart. 


You see, I do have a soul. 

I solved a minor organization issue.  I used to pile my most frequently worn necklaces on my lamp.  This usually resulted in choosing the bottom necklace each morning and whispering obscenities as they all fell to the floor in a tangled mess.  I had a major "WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT SOONER?" moment.  I bet you will, too.

Command hooks, upside down inside a lampshade. 

Voila! 
I've been on a real heart-wrenching "I want a puppy more than a boyfriend" kick lately.  So, I'll leave you to stare in the eyes of this adorable creature while I cry myself to sleep because I can't have one at our current house. 



No comments:

Post a Comment