Monday, February 13, 2012

be mine, or something.

Stuck in a Valentine's Day slump? Need a last-minute gift for your sweety? Single and trying to avoid eating your weight in chocolate?

Look no further.

I believe that the best gift you could possibly give someone is something that comes from the heart. I may not speak for the majority of women when I say this, but I would much rather receive a mix tape of sweet love songs accompanied by a DIY valentine instead of a fancy ring or necklace that required zero thought and cost an arm and leg. Am I alone in this? Probably. Am I also single? Yes. 

Regardless, here are some adorable ideas for gifts for your special someone.


1) "Things I Love About You"

Via Crafster

I once made something similar for a previous boyfriend. I wrote "I love..." followed by 30+ bulleted things that I loved about our love. Accompanied by a faded picture of us in the background, it looked pretty good in a frame and made for a cheap and thoughtful gift.

2) Personalized Wall Art

Via Tumblr
Who wouldn't love to come home to something like this? Personalize it by writing meaningful things on each of the hearts, perhaps memories or inside jokes or the little things that they do that make you smile. Everyone likes to know that their efforts are noticed and appreciated. This is a perfect way of showing them. If you're an overachiever, cover an entire wall in post its. (Also a really cute way to propose, but let's save that for a less cliché day, please.)

3) Pillow Case Update

Via Creature Comforts
Okay, this might make someone like me gag, but I feel like the majority of people would think it was pretty cute. Click the link and follow the directions for the free iron-on transfers.

4) Heart Art

hearts eclectic living room
Via Houzz
Heart vomit! Adorable! Am I sounding bitter now? I think I'm sounding bitter now.

5) MAKE A FORT!


Via Pinterest

I can't stress this one enough. Instead of fighting the crowd at Applebee's - order a heart-shaped pizza, build a fort, light candles, drink copious amounts of wine, and watch lovey-dovey chick flicks all night. (Guys, "The Notebook" isn't that bad.)

6) Make a Donation


Valentine_web
Via Nebraska Humane Society

Make a donation in your sweety's name to the Humane Society and help fund the care for sweet pups like this one.

7) Free Printable Valentines


Via Sweet Muffin Suite

Via Walnut Paperie

These websites have super cute printable cards that you can add your own personal touch to. Great for family and friends, too.

Or... just tell it how it is.

Via Pinterest

Oh, right - the single people. I forgot to talk about how to avoid eating your weight in chocolate. If you figure that one out, let me know... before tomorrow.

Grow your own boyfriend for $1.95! Via Neatoshop

Happy Valentine's Day, guys.


No comments:

Post a Comment