Wednesday, February 22, 2012

cake in a cup.

That's right. Cake. In a cup. While out to supper the other night with my fam, my Aunt Penny informed the group of an amazing trick for making individual sized cakes in a matter of seconds. Best part: they are only 50 calories a piece. So, if you're on a 1,200 calorie/day diet, that means you can have 24 cakes EVERY DAY.

Thanks to Google, I managed to find the recipe to share with you all.


I went out to the store and bought cake mix and got right to it. I used confetti cake because it makes me feel like it's my birthday, but I think the final product would be delicious regardless of what kind of cake mix you use. I ended up using a Mason jar instead of a Ziploc bag for cuter storage purposes. (Always thinking.) I used a medium-sized mug that Kylie picked up from some thrift store. I've seen it go through the dishwasher plenty of times, so hopefully any kind of diseases from the previous owner are long gone. I microwaved the mix for one minute and it turned out perfectly! 


I couldn't believe how moist (sorry for using that word, Brie) and delicious it was. I had some leftover frosting from making cupcakes for our housewarming party, so I threw some of that on there and it was quite the treat. 

This would be a super quick and easy dessert to make for a get together of any sort.

Thanks, Aunt Penny!

Douglas really wanted to help make (ruin) these, so I had to distract her with an empty box. If only everyone were as easily entertained as Douglas and Kylie.

Outtakes:



No comments:

Post a Comment