Thursday, February 23, 2012

oh, you fancy, huh?

Essie - Let It Shine, Mochacino, Tart Deco
Please forgive the awful photos. Taking photos of your fingers without making them look like sausages is a difficult thing. I don't envy newly-engaged women. I'm going to have to put my fingers on a diet before I can ever say yes to a proposal. Same goes for the rest of my body if I ever want to get proposed to.

Anyway - new nails. I'm obsessed with the Essie nail polish collection. I love that they are affordable and easy to find. New colors show up every time I go to Walgreen's and I just can't help myself. I picked up some circle labels while at the grocery store the other day thinking they'd be perfect for this manicure I've been wanting to try.


I painted my nails using Mochacino last night and waited until today to ensure that they were dry enough that they wouldn't peel off if I applied the sticker. I applied the sticker to the lower half of my nail and painted a few coats of Tart Deco over the top half. I then removed the sticker and applied a couple of coats of Let It Shine to even out the two sections. These colors would also look super cute with Essie's Matte About You top coat.

Be sure to wait until the top half is dry before removing the sticker, because the polish will peel off. Due to my impatience, a few of my nails are ruined, and, due to my general laziness, will likely stay that way until the next time I decide to paint my nails.



The possibilities are endless, really. Have fun with it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment