Sunday, February 19, 2012

sick as a dog.


I'm not quite sure where the term "sick as a dog" originated, but I use it way too often. (Mostly after watching Austin Powers 345 times and remembering that scene in which Dr. Evil gets dizzy on his rotating chair.  Enjoy the video below as a refresher.)


Anyway, I am sick.  The sickest I've been since... well, like last year.  I recall this exact situation in February or March of 2011.  My immune system has been on an extended vacation for the last 24 years.  I can't remember the last time I was healthy for more than a month at one time.  Luckily, I don't get this sick too often anymore. 
I look like I'm 12.  This is me, with swollen eyes/nose.   I am glad that my illness couldn't make me look any whiter.  That ghost complexion is all me, baby.
I finally broke down and went to the doctor on Friday, after I had to leave work because I felt like I was dying.  The verdict?  A sinus infection and an eye infection.  I'm not sure how the eye infection slipped in there. She assured me it wasn't pink eye but she didn't actually know what it was otherwise.  I should trust her, right? She shook my hand for way too long.  I don't know if I should trust her...  I feel like my antibiotics are only just a tease and I'm not getting any better.  My cough is turning rather disgusting and I have filled two bags full of used tissues.  (I'm painting a really cute picture, aren't I?  Yes, I'm single.  Are you wondering why?)

drugs. 
life-savers.  I feel like I'm 8 again, but my mom isn't taking care of me.
I haven't really left my bed in two full days/nights, aside from a lengthy trip to a WalMart in West Omaha just so I could get some fresh air yesterday.  I forgot to figure in the fact that fresh air = good, but WalMart customers make me hate life and consider a spree of stabbing deaths each time I enter the store.  I escaped hell with just one man (in a ripped Led Zepplin t-shirt) asking, "Who's going to eat those cookies with you?"  His 12 year old daughter was really embarrassed. 

I spent yesterday catching up on Dawson's Creek.  You're probably wondering why Dawson's Creek and why in 2012, instead of 1998-2003.  You see... my mom wouldn't let me watch Dawson's Creek in its prime, so I used to catch random episodes when I could sneak over to my friend Shauna's house.  I was at Target a couple of weeks ago and the entire series was on sale for $45!  How could I pass that up?!  
best. deal. ever. 
I thought she wanted to snuggle because she knew I was sick... She only wanted food.
I'm hoping my antibiotics kick in today.  I'm going to open a celebratory beer as soon as I wake up without a runny nose & my throat not feeling as if I joined the circus and tried knife swallowing.

Anyway... during my time spent at home/in my death bed, I made a few things.  Here they are:

I didn't make this, but isn't she adorable? 
 fabric button earrings:


$4 per pair


birds nest necklaces:


 $10 each for the three on top, $8 each for the four on bottom


I haven't set up an Etsy because I don't have the energy to deal with orders & shipping quite yet.  If you are around the Omaha/Council Bluffs area and want to claim a necklace or pair of earrings, feel free to let me know! (on the blog, Facebook, or email: ky.henders @ gmail.com )  [on the earrings: the bottom two pairs and the second pair down on the left have been claimed already.  I'll be making more soon!]

I'm back to the suspense of Dawson's Creek, Season 2.  Joey and Dawson just broke up and things are really heating up between Pacey and Andie.  Oooh, baby!  Sunday Funday! 


No comments:

Post a Comment