Monday, February 6, 2012

shutter shudder

 Omaha has some hidden gems when it comes to the thrifting world. Joe's Collectibles being one of those. Tucked away in an alley in the Old Market, Joe's is easily overlooked if you don't know to look for it. Since moving to Omaha two years ago, it has become one of my favorite places to sift through what others may call "junk." 

I walked into Joe's with a purpose today. I've been wanting to hang something a bit out of the ordinary in my room for awhile now, and what better than a pair of used shutters? 


After a bit of cleaning, the color ended up being exactly what I was hoping for and gave my dresser area a bit of a redesign. 



 


I'll be honest - I've been a bit envious of Kylie's room ever since we've moved into the new house because of how cute all of her stuff is, but I think this helps level the playing field.

We picked up another shutter to use as a focal point for our entryway, which has always been a bit of a mess. With the addition of a few of the prints I made a couple of weeks ago, I think it turned out quite nicely.


This is what I like to call a thrifting success. Grand total: $6.




2 comments:

  1. Okay. I tried to go to Joe's once...like a coupla years ago...and was a littttttle terrified for my life. Made it in the door and then headed right back out. GREAT FINDS THOUGH!!! I may have to attempt it again.

    And...I am probably going to scare/annoy the shit out of you. But, how do you get the cute little "signature" and your fun title?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely give Joe's a second chance! Make that hubby of yours go with. :)

      I actually made our signatures & the paper flag's banner in Photoshop. Here's the website I downloaded our fonts from: http://www.kevinandamanda.com/fonts/

      Delete