Tuesday, February 7, 2012

project cluster: #2

Project 2:  Dresser renovation 

Our house was built in 1895, so it's full of the old charm that I absolutely love.  One quality that I hadn't fully considered was the very short ceiling going upstairs.  Despite many efforts to force my existing dresser through the landing, we couldn't make it happen.  (When I say "we," I mean a couple of nice men who were moving the heavy stuff.  I stayed away.)  The dresser was left on the main level, in the spare bedroom.  The first few weeks, my room was an absolute mess and my excuse repeatedly blamed my lack of organization in a dresser.  One afternoon, I hit up Goodwill and found the perfect replacement for $30.


It turned out exactly how I imagined after few coats of spray paint. (New Avocado by Valspar)



Who knew that my room would still be a wreck after acquiring this beauty?  I'm trying to think of valid excuses for the new mess. 


No comments:

Post a Comment