Tuesday, February 7, 2012

project cluster: #1

Please excuse the randomness, but the next few posts will be filled with some projects I've completed over the last several months.  We recently moved from a tiny, cramped apartment to a large, adorable house.  The move has only fueled my craft-making and junk-buying.  I'm grateful to have a roommate who shares in [most of] the same interests.  I think the decorating is nearly complete, with a few odd places that still need some work.

So, anyway... Project 1: Yarn Wreath - 


I made this in November after loving a similar idea on Pinterest.  I hate traditional wreaths so this was perfect.  Although it was an extremely simple process, it definitely tested my patience.  After the first hour of yarn-wrapping, I was slightly peeved but I continued while watching a couple hours of HGTV. (Typical.)  I used a Styrofoam ring, yellow yarn, and a few fake flowers from Hobby Lobby.  

Grand Total: $20 (although I'm sure it could be done for less.)


No comments:

Post a Comment